ATC LANGUAGE SCHOOLS
Covid-19 – ATC Update
At ATC Language Schools, we are delighted to welcome international students back into our classrooms!
We have worked hard to ensure that everyone has a safe and comfortable experience while attending face-to-face lessons in our Bray and Dublin schools.
We are closely following HSA and HSE guidelines, including strict return-to-school protocols. This information is regularly updated and our COVID Response Team will ensure that the information and guidance we adhere to is correct and up to date.
For news and updates related to the Irish Immigration Service visit: www.irishimmigration.ie
For advice and rules related to international travel visit: Gov.ie- International Travel
If you have a booking to study with ATC in Ireland and you are uncertain about your plans, please contact your agent in the first instance, or contact us for further assistance and advice on firstname.lastname@example.org
We have answered some Frequently Asked Questions below that will help to inform you before you arrive.
What will I see in the school buildings?
- .You will see stickers on the floor to direct and maintain social distancing.
- Information posters will be on the walls to remind you to follow the hygiene and safety guidelines.
- A plastic screen has been installed at the reception’s desk.
- Automatic hand sanitisers installed in public areas.
- Sanitisation station at reception – remember to sanitise your hands when you come into the building.
- One-way system around the school. Follow the arrows on the floor to make sure that you are walking on the correct side when walking around the stairs.
- Water will be provided in the canteen, bring your bottle, no cups will be available.
- No tea/coffee facilities, microwaves or sandwich toasters are not available at the moment.
Should I wear a mask?
- Yes, you must wear a face mask in classrooms during your class and in all common areas.
- You must bring your own face mask every day and be responsible to use it correctly and keep it clean.
- If you forget your mask, we have masks available for you to buy at reception.
What will I see in the classrooms?
- Classrooms have been arranged to facilitate social distancing.
- Social distancing: You will have an individual desk in your classroom. You will stay between 1 and 2 metres distance head-to-head from your classmates.
- Reduced number of students: Your classroom will have between 6 and 8 students.
- Your teachers will be wearing a mask.
- You should always sanitise your hands before entering the classroom and we recommend that you bring your own hand sanitiser.
Can I stay in the canteen after class?
Access to the canteen will be limited. You can remain on the 4th floor (ATC Dublin)/Canteen area (ATC Bray) with your classmates (this is your bubble) for a maximum of 15 minutes.
Can I use a computer in the school?
Student PCs are no longer available. These spaces are now used for additional seating.
How will the school be cleaned?
- Professional cleaning will take place at regular times throughout the day.
- Focus will be on main contact points (door handles, taps, toilets, water machine, handrails etc.).
- Classrooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised at the end of lessons.
What will I see in the canteen?
- Microwaves and kettles, cutlery and dishware have been removed.
- This policy is to facilitate fewer contact points for housekeeping and will be reviewed as students return full-time to the school.
- Seating has been rearranged with less seating available.
Can I refill my water bottle?
- Yes, the water machine will be available in all schools.
- We request all students to wipe down the machine after use and follow the instructions on the poster by the machine.
Can I print documents?
- As a courtesy, each student can print a maximum of 5 documents per month for free.
- Email the pages that you would like to print to email@example.com (ATC Dublin) or firstname.lastname@example.org (ATC Bray).
Formats accepted: pdf, word document or image.
- You can collect your documents at Reception in both ATC Dublin and ATC Bray every Tuesday and Thursday during the break times. AM: 10.45-11:45 and PM: 15:15-15:30.
What will a Monday morning look like for new adult students?
- All adult students will take their level test online before arrival.
- Students arriving will be brought to the Computer Room in ATC Bray and the 4th floor in ATC Dublin.
- Students will be given a short welcome and induction and then brought to their classrooms.
- Our tour guides will meet students for their orientation and other tours outside school buildings and will be co-ordinated by ATC social programme staff on each occasion.
What do I do if I feel sick?
- We ask any student who develops Covid-19 symptoms to stay at home and not come to school.
- Contact a GP by phone, or ask the school to contact a local GP, for medical support.
- Tell your Director of Studies (Aoife or Alison) by email that you are not feeling well.
- If you have any of the following symptoms, don’t come to school. You must stay at home and join online lessons. Email Aoife or Alison and they will send you your online lesson link:
- Symptoms of the common cold such as a headache, runny nose and sore throat
- A new cough – this can be any kind of cough, not just dry
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
- Fever (temperature of 38°C or higher)
- Loss or change in sense of taste or smell
- If you are too sick to join online lessons, you should take a sick day. A note will be recorded on your file but your attendance can not be adjusted. If you have a doctor’s certificate, send it to your Director of Studies and keep it to present to immigration (visa students).
- If you feel sick while you are in school inform your teacher immediately.
How will ATC assist with contact tracing?
- If a student or staff member feels unwell, they will be asked to provide a list of who they have been in contact with for 15 minutes or more on that day.
- We also encourage employees and students to download the COVID contact tracing app on their phones.
- As part of our new visitor policy, all visitors will be required to provide contact details to allow us to make contact in case of a COVID outbreak. This will be kept at reception.
How will visitors to the schools be managed?
- All visitors to ATC premises must be scheduled.
- Visits are by appointment only and appointments should last no longer than 45 minutes.
- All visitors are required to complete a Visitor Declaration Form at least 48 hours before their appointment.
- Walk in queries can be dealt with by Reception, however it’s important to maintain social distancing.
- If Reception is busy, walk-ins will be asked to wait outside.
How will students contact ATC staff?
- ATC Online should be the main way students contact with ATC Staff where possible.
- Students can also email staff to organise appointments.
Can I borrow my classmate’s book or stationery?
Students should not share any stationery or books.
Can I borrow a library book?
- Library books or DVDs are not available for the moment.
Can I buy a course book in the school?
Books will be available for purchase on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the break times (Level 4 in ATC Dublin and at Reception in ATC Bray). Important: Bring 35 euro in cash, we cannot give you change.
Student Induction - return to school
Click to view
Covid Staff FAQ's 2021
Click to view
ELE Ireland Advisory to Prospective Students
Click to view
COVID Safety Guidelines for Junior Group Tours
Click to view
COVID Safety FAQs Bray Junior Groups
Click to view
YOUR ENGLISH COURSE WITH atc...
We Have The Right Course for You!
Choose your course with ATC, select from our adult courses, junior courses or teacher training and development…